The British Consulate
The British Consulate is not able to help with the following situations.
- The British Consulate is not able to secure a release from prison.
- The British Consulate is not able to prevent local or national authorities from deporting you after a prison sentence, or intervene in any criminal or civil court proceedings.
- The British Consulate, Cannot give you legal advice, or become involved in specific land or property disputes.
- The British Consulate Cannot carry out criminal investigations or search for missing people, although with regard to these last two points, the British Consulate may well be able to help you by giving you details of people who can assist you in these cases, such as English speaking lawyers.
- The British Consulate is not able to gain you entry into a country for which you do not have a visa, or if your passport is not valid. This is because the British Consulate cannot interfere in another country´s immigration policies, border control or immigration procedures.
- The British Consulate is not able to secure for you better treatment in Prison or in hospitals than is otherwise given to local people.
- The British Consulate is not able to make travel arrangements for you and neither can the British consulate find and secure for you, accommodation or work.
- The British Consulate will not become involved in making business arrangements on your behalf.
- The British Consulate will not pay any bills on your behalf.
- The British Consulate will not give you any money, however there are exceptional circumstances when the British Consulate can lend you money, if you qualify, but this is only a loan and you will have to pay it back.
Although much of the information on this regarding the British Consulate sounds a little negative, we believe it is better for you to understand that the British Consulate is not the organization to approach if you should find yourself in any of the above situations and need help.