Increase your website traffic with

Documents Needed for a Non Resident Mortgage

Remember this type of mortgage is the one you should apply for, if you are resident in the UK, and are buying a property as an investment.

Below you will find a list of different documents that the bank are likely to ask for.

  • A copy of your passport.
  • Marital status, age of each partner, if you have children etc. Married couples applying for a mortgage should provide information about both spouses.
  • Your last three salary pay statements, or your last three pension vouchers.
  • The last tax declaration made in your home country (UK). This is your P60.
  • If you are self employed or an employer, you will be asked to provide a copy of your tax returns and annual accounts for the last two fiscal years.
  • If you own or partly own other properties, provide information about these other properties (it will improve the quality of your application).
  • Details of the property you are planning to buy.
  • A description of your current job situation. If you are applying for a mortgage as a married couple, prepare this for both partners.
  • Information about any other incomes.
  • Provide information about any investments you have. Individually and jointly if you are applying as a married couple.
  • Provide information about properties you currently own, whether abroad or in Spain.
  • Provide information about any other sources of income you may have. This may include for example, regular payments from an inheritance.
  • Tell the bank about any debts that you currently have.

We hope this helps you with your preparation for applying to get a mortgage from whichever bank you choose.

If you think we have missed important information from this page. Using the detail on the Contact Us Page, email us the information and we will update the page with the new information as soon as possible.